Forging is our strong point and we take pride in our expertise in forging having successfully served customers for more than 5 decades in the field of forging. At KMPL, we offer forging solutions to the medical industry-majorly for orthopaedic Components. Using latest forging equipment customized to the medical industry , we have surpassed client expectations with our products.
KMPL Forging Advantages:
- Near-net shape forging
- High ductility and resistance properties
- Optimal response to heat treatment
- Exceptional dimensional stability
- Consistent metallurgical properties
Expertise in various material grades:
METAL INJECTION MOULDING (MIM)
KMPL possesses an in house MIM facility providing better access to cutting edge technology to its customers. The MIM technology has progressed substantially over the past 25 years and the maturity of the technology is demonstrated by the growing number of components, alloys, size and complexity now on offer giving it a definite edge over other production technologies.
- Wide range of alloys & pre-alloys are available.
- MIM is best for high volume of complex parts.
- Cost effective manufacturing of complex profile parts.
- Reduced Cycle time - Less than 15 Sec.
- Superior mechanical properties.
- Minimum finishing operations required.
- Material Scope-SS 304, SS 316 L,17-4 PH,Ti
KMPL is the first company in India to have invested in Electron Beam Melting (EBM) by GE Additive for the mass production of medical Components backed up by Direct Metal Laser Sintering Machine by EOS, Germany for customized Components, Rapid product development, reverse engineering etc. The main advantage of 3D Printing in the medical field is that it provides elimination of tooling to the customers for low volume products.
3D Printing Advantages:
- No requirement of tools
- Complex shapes can be generated
- Rapid prototyping
- Suitable for serial production of parts with low volumes / complex parts
- Manufacturing of customized Components
- end-to-end process Designing flexibility
- Material Scope for 3D Printing: Ti64, Co-Cr, SS 316L, 17-4 PH, Plastic
With an experience of two decades in the machining industry, machining capabilities at KMPL comprise of development of precision components at the specialist supplier end.
Some key pointers for Supplier Partners:
- ISO 13485 Certified
- High precision machining for medical components
- In-house Buffing & Finishing Capabilities
- Passivation lab setup
- Salt Spray Testing Facility
- In-house tool room for critical tool manufacturing
- Dedicated team for development and quality to ensure customer expectations are met.
- CMM / Optical / Contour Inspection facilities at Vendor end.
- Software for critical programming: NX, M-Cam, Auto CAD, Solid Works.
Machining Center Infrastructure:
- Variety of Grinding Setups
- CNC Turning Centers
- VMC Machining Centers: 3, 4, 5 Axis
- Reaming & Drilling Capabilities
With the assistance of vendor partners, KMPL has developed bio-coating ability. We provide bio-coating solutions to the medical sector working hand in hand with vendor partners with an experience of over 3 decades in hydroxylapatite (HA) coatings & Plasma nitride coating inline to BS EN ISO 13779-2 international standards. We pride ourselves on our proven coatings technologies which add real value & quality to your medical devices. Product quality is paramount at KMPL and provide 100% traceability and work hard to create better healthcare solutions.
HEAT TREATMENT CAPABILITIES
Working alongside KTFL, we provide a diverse range of heat treatment services with best in class infrastructure. KTFL’s Heat Treatment facility is QMS Certified: IATF, AS 9100 D, ISO 9001:2015. Our Heat Treatment solutions are comparable with the best in the world with metallurgy experts at all team levels. We provide atmospheric, vacuum & nitriding processes all under one roof. Our wide variety of furnaces include Sealed Quench, Vacuum, Gas Nitriding & Plasma Ion Nitriding. Heat treatments for varied material profile like Super alloys, alloy steel, tool and die steel, Cu, Al, Ni and Ag Brazing are also available at KMPL. We have developed a special racking process based on component profile ranging from 1gm to 1250 kgs.
Disclaimer: Courtesy under Inmet Technology.